1. Perrigo, through its responsible managers, recruits, hires, upgrades, trains, and promotes in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, or because he or she is an individual with a disability or disabled veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran, recently separated veteran, or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or thereinafter referred collectively as “protected veterans” except where an accommodation is unavailable and/or it is a bona fide occupational qualification.
2. Managers shall ensure that all personnel actions such as compensation, benefits, layoffs, returns from layoffs, Company-sponsored training, educational tuition assistance, and social and recreational programs shall be administered without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, or because he or she is an individual with a disability or protected veteran, except where an accommodation is unavailable and/or it is a bona fide occupational qualification.
3. Managers shall base employment decisions on the principles of equal employment opportunity and with the intent to further Perrigo’s commitment to affirmative action and equal employment. At no time will any covered employee, or covered applicant for employment, who exercises his/her rights pursuant to Perrigo’s Affirmative Action Policy be subject to discipline, or have his/her opportunities for employment adversely affected.
4. Managers shall take affirmative action to ensure that qualified minority group individuals, females, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are introduced into the workforce, are encouraged to aspire for promotion, and are considered as promotional opportunities arise.
5. Perrigo invites any employee or any applicant for employment to review Perrigo’s written Affirmative Action Programs. These programs are available for inspection upon request 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Human Resources. Any questions should be directed to me, your supervisor, or Rebecca Herrington, EEO Administrator.
6. Applicants are encouraged to identify their race, sex, and veteran status. In addition, employees are invited to self-identify as an individual with a disability. This self-identification is strictly voluntary, confidential and will not result in retaliation of any sort.
7. Employees and applicants shall not be subjected to harassment, intimidation, threats, coercion or discrimination because they have engaged in or may engage in any of the following activities: (1) Filing a complaint; (2) Assisting or participating in an investigation, compliance review, hearing, or any other activity related to the administration of Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended (Section 503), the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 (VEVRAA) or any other Federal, state or local law requiring equal opportunity for disabled persons or special disabled veterans or covered veterans or; (3) Opposing any act or practice made unlawful by Section 503 or its implementing regulations in this part or VEVRAA or its implementing regulations in this part or any other Federal, state or local law requiring equal opportunity for disabled persons or for special disabled veterans or covered veterans; or (4) Exercising any other right protected by Section 503 or its implementing regulations in this part or any other right protected by VEVRAA or its implementing regulations in this part.
8. Perrigo has established a written Affirmative Action Program to promote affirmative action in pursuit of its equal employment opportunity objectives. This Program has been prepared in conformity with Executive Order 11246, as amended, and the implementing regulations of the Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP). The AAP is designed to provide guidance to management with respect to Perrigo’s commitment to the full implementation of its EEO objectives.
9. As President and Chief Executive Officer of Perrigo, I am committed to the principles of Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity. In order to ensure dissemination and implementation of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action throughout all levels of the company, I have selected Rebecca Herrington as the Equal Employment Opportunity Administrator for Perrigo. One of the Equal Employment Opportunity Administrator’s duties will be to establish and maintain an internal audit and reporting system to allow for effective measurement of Perrigo’s programs.